November 4, 2007

Oobi on DVD!

Eckogirl814 is selling homemade DVDs with 50 episodes of Oobi! She has been selling them on a case-by-case basis for about a year. I bought one last month just to make sure we never lose the episodes we have recorded. A nice surprise was that the Valentine's Day episode was included! That one hasn't shown on TV for a really long time, so Ethan was very happy when I played it for him.

"Halloween" and "Sign Language" are the only episodes missing. We still have a recording of Halloween but have never seen Sign Language. I am starting to wonder if it even exists.

The episodes are each on a separate chapter, which makes for some pretty easy navigation. The episodes themselves are good-quality transfers from the Noggin reruns. There is a bit of a trailing effect on a few scenes but it's much better than I expected. I'll be using this DVD if I ever want to post screenshots here. That is, if Ethan will keep letting me borrow it to put it in the computer!!

This is what the quality looks like.

If your little ones want to watch Oobi on vacations, or if they just can't keep waiting for the reruns, this would be a pretty good gift idea! Email her at eckogirl814@yahoo.com if interested!